Winter can be a harsh time for skin. The cold temperatures, dry air, and indoor heating can all take a toll on your skin. Here are some tips to keep your skin looking and feeling great during the winter months:
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water throughout the day helps the body stay hydrated and prevents dryness.
- Limit Hot Showers: Hot showers may feel good on a cold day, but they can strip your skin of its natural oils. Try to limit your shower time and stick with lukewarm water instead.
- Choose the Right Cleanser: Switch to a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser that is designed for sensitive skin.
- Moisturize: Make sure to use a moisturizer that is designed for your skin type and apply it after every shower.
- Protect Your Skin: Be sure to wear sunscreen if you will be outdoors for extended periods of time. Use a lip balm with SPF to protect your lips from sunburn and windburn.
- Take Care of Your Hands: Winter weather can be hard on your hands, so try to wear gloves whenever you are outside. When you are inside, use a hand cream to keep them soft and moisturized.